· Registered under the Travancore-Cochin Co-operative Societies Act, 1951 (Act x of 1952) on 10-12-1960.
· Started functioning on 15-03-1961, with a Head Office at Ernakulam South, under the Chairman ship of Sri. B.V.K. Menon IAS (Late). The 1st General Manager was Sri.K. Madhava Marar (Late).
· Bank opened its 1st Branch at Muvattupuzha on 29-08-1963.
· Bank opened its 2nd Branch at Aluva on 10-09-1964.
· Reserve Bank of India granted Banking license to the Bank as per section 22(1) read with section 56 (o) of the Banking Regulation ACT, 1949. On 25-04-1984.
· Silver jubilee year of the Bank and opened its 25th Branch at Thrikkakkara on 17-10-1985.
· Shifted the Head Office of the Bank to the newly constructed building at Kakkanad – 24-07-1999.
· As a part of fulfilling the social obligations, Bank has opened , EMS Co-operative Library for the public on 22nd October 1999
· Set up a state of the art Data Centre- December 2003
· Implemented CORE Banking Solution ‘FINACLE’ from M/s Infosys Technologies. 1st two branches – Ernakulam Main and Kothamangalam Main - rolled out in to CBS on 08-03-2004. EDCB is the 1st Bank in Kerala and 2nd Bank in India implemented FINACLE in Co-operative Sector.
· Bank opend its 1st 24/7 ATM Centre at Chittoor Road, Ernakulam.
· Last 2 Branches – Arakkunnam & aluva Palace Road Branches were rolled out into Finacle on 31-01-2005. All branches of the bank[as on date 43 nos] rolled out to CBS with in a time span of 11 months time.
· Bank introduced innovative concept –Bank on Wheels & Bank on Waves with CBS and ATM facility as a step towards financial inclusion.
· Implemented Information System Management System [ISMS] in line with ISO 27001 standard- January 2006.
· Bank opened its 50th Branch at Bolghatty on 23-09-2007.
· Enabled National network of ATM through ‘BANCS’ ATM network consortium.- May – 2008.
· Implemented Document Management System & Work flow solution to increase the operational efficiency of the Bank. It enabled easy and speedy processing of files, policy decision making and accelerate the loan application process and digitalise the office work in tie up M/s Newgen Technologies – July 2008.
· Obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification approved by WQA – November 2010.
· Golden Jubilee year of the bank. Bank has launched with very attractive deposit and advance schemes.
· Banks rewamped WEB SITE inaugurated by the Hon. President of the Bank sri. V.P. Saseendran on 19-01-2012.
Bank implemented NEFT/RTGS, Cheque
Truncation System (CTS), Regional electronic clearing (RECS) and Aadhar Payment
Bridge System (APBS) during 2013
Bank implemented Direct Benefit
Transfer (DBT), E-Pass Book and issued Rupay Debit Cards
Bank Participated NACH Credit.
· Bank opened its 60th Branch at Chottanikkara.
· Bank crossed 10000 Crore Business on 13-10-2015.
CCTV Surveillance System implemented at Branches
and head office of the Bank
· Rupay Cards enebled with POS(Point of sale)